What are your dreams? What are your goals? What are the wishes you hope will come true? These are great questions and fun things to think about, but what about the shift from thoughts to actions? What steps do you take?
It’s easy to get stuck in the idealized world of dreams and wishes, but the reality is that they’re not going to come true unless you do the necessary work.
Instead of just dreaming, take some time to actually map out your vision. Create a guide for yourself that will help you take the most effective and efficient actions to help you get to where you want to go.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Set aside some time to think about what you want. If it matters to you, thoughts about it shouldn’t be rushed. So clear aside some time, find a creative or inspiring space, and allow yourself to formulate your vision.
- Write it down. Don’t just keep your vision in your head, write it down. Research has shown that writing down your intentions and plans increases the chance of you actually achieving them by 62%! (source)
- Be specific and detailed. Write down your vision in as much detail as possible. Think about what you want, why you want it, what it would feel like to get it, and how it would change or have an impact on your life.
- Keep it manageable. If you’ve got a big vision, break it down into smaller components so that it’s easier for you to tackle the necessary tasks.
- Share it with someone you trust. It might feel scary at first to share your vision with others, but shifting your vision from in your mind to on a piece of paper to finally saying it aloud is quite powerful. It takes the ideas out of your head and gives them a voice and an actual presence in your life. Plus, having others know what you want to achieve also keeps you accountable.
So, give yourself a chance to succeed and have fun creating a detailed vision of what you hope for and want out of life.
For some tips on effective goal setting, check out this post.